Heating your home and water is a necessity. Sure, you could bundle up in blankets and boil water on the stove for your baths, but no one really wants to do that! This is where Barker Heating & Cooling comes in. We are a heating contractor that can help keep your family comfortable throughout the year. We are the best heating installation & repair service in Alamo, CA, Livorna Estates, Walnut Creek & nearby surrounding areas. We’ve been around since 1998 which has allowed us to gain perspective and knowledge on a wide variety of heating problems. Additionally, when you call us, you’ll never be left with a dirty home and we use flat-rate pricing to ensure fairness.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to see what our long-time customers have to say!
When Is a Water Heater Replacement Needed?
Water heater failure can take many people by surprise--usually when they step into a cold shower. Don’t let this be you! Here are the signs that your water heater needs to be replaced, so you can take care of it before being shocked by just how cold your water is:
- Age: on average, water heaters last 8-10 years. After this timeframe, water heaters lose efficiency
Corrosion: rust is generally the type of corrosion you’ll see, and if it is present, then the tank has been compromised
- Noise: rumbling noises are not normal for water heaters and are typically indicative of sediment that has accumulated on the bottom. When the heating elements warm the water, they must burn through all of the sediment, which will cause a lot of noise
- Leaks: noticing water around a tank may not be much to worry about or it could be that your water heater has a leak. Leaks can be repaired, but depending on other factors, it may be wise to replace the unit
- Not enough hot water: your family may grow or your hot water needs may change. Both of these could signal that it is time for a new water heater. However, if neither is the case and you never seem to have enough hot water, your current unit may be failing and in need of replacement
The Benefits of Regular Heating Maintenance
Whether you use your heater year-round or once every 3 years, annual maintenance is needed for the safety of your home, family, and heater. It may seem pointless or silly to pay someone to inspect and clean your heater, but it can actually save you a fair amount of money in the long run. For those of you that use your heater on a regular basis in the winter, you will especially notice these benefits:
- Longevity: a well-maintained heater is similar to a well-maintained car--they’ll perform much better for longer when kept in tip-top condition
- Lower energy costs: a clean system runs efficiently. Efficiency always means lower energy costs
- Air quality: maintenance will include changing filters which will allow for cleaner air to be blown throughout your home
- Safety: most types of heaters can come with some sort of safety risk. This risk could be carbon monoxide, overheating, or something else. Maintenance helps ensure that these risks are kept to a minimum
- Sudden failure: because heaters aren’t used on a regular basis, failing to keep the unit maintained may leave you in the cold--literally. Minor issues can be addressed before they turn into a major problem which can save you money, time, and comfort
At Barker Heating & Cooling we take the time to help our customers learn more about their homes. Be sure to check out our blog to see what we’ve been up to.
Top Quality Services
When you’re looking for top-of-the-line heating services, you may have a number of companies to choose from. However, none of those companies can offer the same level of professionalism, workmanship, and knowledge that Barker Heating & Cooling has. We have an abundance of these traits because we have been in the business since 1998--this fact alone has allowed us to learn from mistakes and perfect our trade.