Unfortunately, when household appliances fail, they do so at the most inopportune time. Typically, water heaters fail just as you’re trying to take a shower, furnaces go out in the middle of snowstorms, and air conditioners blow hot in peak summer months. With Barker Heating & Cooling, we aim to repair systems before recommending replacement and want our customers to be informed of regular maintenance practices. Repairing systems that are well-kept can mean the difference of several thousand dollars in new appliances and regular maintenance can help extend each unit’s life by months, if not years! When you call us, you can always trust that we will present you with flat-rate pricing and won’t surprise you with change orders.
Get the inside scoop on your service experience when you visit our reviews page!
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairs
Unfortunately, water heaters aren’t meant to last forever and before they need replacement, you will often encounter the need for repairs. To ensure a basic repair doesn’t catastrophically damage your water heater, it is important to know what signs to look for:
- Noise: sediment can build up at the bottom of the water heater tank which will make noise when repeatedly warmed
- No hot water: not having hot water doesn’t necessarily mean you should race for a new system, but instead call for a technician
- Brown water: brown water can be an indication of rust. If your tank has rusted, you may need to consider replacement, but if other components are corroded, a few simple repairs may be in order
- Leaks: depending on the source of the leak, repairs or a replacement may be warranted
The Benefits of Furnace Replacements
Unfortunately, many people do not realize that their furnace needs to be replaced until it is too late or they want to ensure that they get the most life out of the unit before purchasing a new one. Either way, it is always best to be proactive when you are dealing with major appliances in your home. A few of the major benefits that are seen with furnace replacements include:
- Lower energy bills
- Less dust in the home
- Better air quality
- Improved reliability
- Peace of mind in knowing that your family won’t be left in the cold
Need to get in touch quickly? Visit our contact us page and schedule an appointment for service conveniently!
Schedule an Appointment Today!
When you are in need of water heater repairs or furnace replacement, don’t wait around for a company that you don’t know or don’t trust. At Barker Heating & Cooling, we strive to provide the best customer service in Danville. From the time you call our office to the technician arriving in a timely manner and leaving your home in the same state of cleanliness that it was in, you will notice and enjoy our high standard of service.