Owning a home in Livermore, CA means having a quality air conditioner to keep you cool when temperatures rise. But if an issue crops up in your home, do you know who to call? Finding an air conditioning contractor can be tough, but when you look for the best in Livermore, you’ll find Barker Heating & Cooling is a top choice for many of your homeowners. For over 20 years we’ve been offering top-quality services at unbeatable prices. Best of all, when you need us most, we’ll be there to help you with convenient appointment windows. From complete air conditioner installations to regular maintenance, you can trust our AC contractors for all your home needs.
Our Cooling Services
Air conditioning services we offer:
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installations
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
Save on your next AC service with our coupons and specials.
Why Choose Barker Heating & Cooling
Our goal is to always be the best AC service company for all our homeowners. With every service appointment you can expect:
- Flat Rate Pricing: Dealing with a repair issue is stressful enough - why add to it with confusing and high pricing? We base our work on a flat rate per service, cutting down on any upsells or hidden fees.
- Clean & Courteous Technicians: We’re homeowners too, which is why we always go above and beyond to be courteous and clean. We keep our workspace organized and do our best to leave everything cleaner than we found it.
- Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty: We’re so confident in our quality of work that we always stand behind every service we complete in your home. Our craftsmanship is second to none, and you have the warranty to guarantee it!
- Never a Change Order: When you call us for a service, we take the time to understand the problem and find the best solution. This prevents us from ever making change orders, so you always have an accurate estimate with no hidden fees or surprises.
When you call us for air conditioner repairs, installations, or maintenance, you can trust that you’re getting the best service at a rate you can afford.
Our Air Conditioning Services
At Barker Heating & Cooling we aim to have a quality solution for all your air conditioner needs. Some of our top services include:
- AC Repairs: Is your air conditioner blowing hot? Noticing an uptick in energy costs? We offer detailed air conditioner repairs that can solve even your most complex issues.
- Air Conditioner Installations: Has the time come for an AC replacement? Our technicians can help you find the best unit for your home and budget, install it, and offer quality support so you always get the best cooling in your home.
- Cooling Maintenace: The best way to keep your air conditioner in top shape is with regular AC maintenance. Whether it’s once a month or once a quarter, our AC contractors can keep your unit in top shape year-round.
Want to know more about our past work? Be sure to check our reviews page to see what our happy customers are saying.
Call Us Today
If you’re looking for an air conditioning repair company you can count on, trust our experience and our dedication to your 100% satisfaction. At Barker Heating & Cooling we’re homeowners too, which is why we can relate and optimize the cooling services we provide our customers when they need us the most. Best of all, we never make change orders and always offer flat-rate pricing to take the stress out of calling for help.
Spring check up on a 1 year old Coleman ac, this is our install. The unit is performing well! Temp split in range at 20 degrees, amp draws in range on fan at 1.6/2.2. Compressor amps in range at 9.8/19.9. Pressures look to be in range considering indoor/outdoor temp and conditions present at the condenser. I did recommend that we add a surge protector and hard start kit to help protect the ac as it ages and keep it healthy as long as we can. The owner present at the time preferred to have the estimates emailed to view them with their partner.
Tested AC system is non-functional AC condenser is working However ECM blower motor is nonfunctional 24 V to control board zero amperage flowing to ECM Bill will contact the customer with the price for the blower motor. We will source a blower motor and control board to make sure that the proper component is replaced The client is aware that a blower motor will have to be ordered as it is model specific and we are unable to use a universal Cooling is not restored at this time
Found unit not receiving power from the high voltage supply Found issue to be tripped breaker, reset breaker and compressor comes on however makes loud grinding noises, amp draw at 9.89 out of max 27.2 LRA3.8 Fan amps at 1.6/1.36 max allowed Temp split proper and subcool at 12.2 A hard start kit can help extend the life of the AC however will be a temporary fix not permanent. Unit is 19 years old and shows signs of failure rec having a comfort consultant go over replacement options.
Install Programmable Digital Thermostat: Remove the existing thermostat and install a new programmable digital thermostat. Test all system operations BFF Bare Bones Plan (Furnace+AC): Includes 2 annual service visits. Washing Air Filters or replacing (price does not include filter) Inspect burners and furnace cabinets Check and test all safety controls Testing gas pressure & furnace combustion Adjusting airflow for proper temperature rise Lubricate all motors, bearings, and fans as needed Monitoring pressure levels for refrigerant charge Inspecting cooling coils Tightening all loose electrical connections Clear drain line Safety testing of Water heater, smoke detector, & CO Alarms Membership entitles you to the following additional benefits: Lifetime warranty on repairs (as long as the plan is current) 10% off repairs and IAQ products Free IAQ testing Never a service trip charge Priority appointment scheduling Monday - Saturday
Filters in master are clean Tested AC system System is functional 14° temperature split Adding refrigerant would be beneficial to system Pressures within range Unit receiving 236.6 line voltage Compressor pulling 7.62 A Fan motor pulling .61 A capacitor tested at 35.7 and 4.4 out of range of 35 and 5+ -6% Should be replaced Filters in downstairs was replaced Tested AC system System is functional 17° temperature split Pressures within range System is receiving 237.99 voltage Compressor drying 12.42 A Fan motor pulling .70 A Dual capacitor tested at 44.9 and 4.4 µF out of range of 45 and 5+ -6% Should be replaced Air filters upstairs are clean Temperature split of 17.5° Pressures within range System pulling 236.6 V Compressor drawing 8.95 A Fan motor pulling .75 A Dual capacitor tested at 40.5 and 5.0 µF out of 40 and 5+ -6%