Owning a home in Livermore, CA means having a quality air conditioner to keep you cool when temperatures rise. But if an issue crops up in your home, do you know who to call? Finding an air conditioning contractor can be tough, but when you look for the best in Livermore, you’ll find Barker Heating & Cooling is a top choice for many of your homeowners. For over 20 years we’ve been offering top-quality services at unbeatable prices. Best of all, when you need us most, we’ll be there to help you with convenient appointment windows. From complete air conditioner installations to regular maintenance, you can trust our AC contractors for all your home needs.
Our Cooling Services
Air conditioning services we offer:
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Installations
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
Save on your next AC service with our coupons and specials.
Why Choose Barker Heating & Cooling
Our goal is to always be the best AC service company for all our homeowners. With every service appointment you can expect:
- Flat Rate Pricing: Dealing with a repair issue is stressful enough - why add to it with confusing and high pricing? We base our work on a flat rate per service, cutting down on any upsells or hidden fees.
- Clean & Courteous Technicians: We’re homeowners too, which is why we always go above and beyond to be courteous and clean. We keep our workspace organized and do our best to leave everything cleaner than we found it.
- Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty: We’re so confident in our quality of work that we always stand behind every service we complete in your home. Our craftsmanship is second to none, and you have the warranty to guarantee it!
- Never a Change Order: When you call us for a service, we take the time to understand the problem and find the best solution. This prevents us from ever making change orders, so you always have an accurate estimate with no hidden fees or surprises.
When you call us for air conditioner repairs, installations, or maintenance, you can trust that you’re getting the best service at a rate you can afford.
Our Air Conditioning Services
At Barker Heating & Cooling we aim to have a quality solution for all your air conditioner needs. Some of our top services include:
- AC Repairs: Is your air conditioner blowing hot? Noticing an uptick in energy costs? We offer detailed air conditioner repairs that can solve even your most complex issues.
- Air Conditioner Installations: Has the time come for an AC replacement? Our technicians can help you find the best unit for your home and budget, install it, and offer quality support so you always get the best cooling in your home.
- Cooling Maintenace: The best way to keep your air conditioner in top shape is with regular AC maintenance. Whether it’s once a month or once a quarter, our AC contractors can keep your unit in top shape year-round.
Want to know more about our past work? Be sure to check our reviews page to see what our happy customers are saying.
Call Us Today
If you’re looking for an air conditioning repair company you can count on, trust our experience and our dedication to your 100% satisfaction. At Barker Heating & Cooling we’re homeowners too, which is why we can relate and optimize the cooling services we provide our customers when they need us the most. Best of all, we never make change orders and always offer flat-rate pricing to take the stress out of calling for help.
System maintenance and assessment on 2 2007 Amana condensers, and 2 2004 carrier 80% furnaces. The downstairs condenser has equalized pressures at 15psi, being that the unit is older and needs extensive repairs I recommend that we look into replacement options. The upstairs ac has a cap that’s out of range, a relay that’s going out, and a hard start kit that is outside of range, I recommend replacing these failing components. Spoke with the owner and he wants to talk to his home warranty company, we also scheduled a comfort advisor estimate for tomorrow at 10-12 Natural Gas Appliance Testing of Furnace & water heater. Inspection & Testing of smoke & Carbon Monoxide detectors Indoor Air Quality testing to check for Participants, Chemicals, Air temperature, Humidity, Carbon Monoxide in the home. Onsite testing & visual inspection of heating & cooling components. Replace or clean air filters as needed. We review any changes to the home over 6 months on how you use the sys
Install 80% AFUE Single Stage 3 Ton Blower 80k BTU Down flow/17 Seer 2.5 ton Coleman Air Conditioning w/ Evaporator Coil Coleman Furnace and AC replacement New gas valve and flex connections New SSU and electrical New disconnect and electrical whip New condenser pad New line-set connections Reuse existing thermostat (nest)
* Spoke with client - Client's stated they canceled the call and no one confirmed it with them and they’re allowing me to work on the unit - Asked about Allergies > No answer just that we did a lot of work to fix the AC - Asked if there are any rooms in the house that don’t cool off or heat up > No answer just that we did a lot of work to fix the AC - Stopped asking questions * Got permission to look at the ducting and water heater * Test ran the furnace for 12 minutes - Stayed on without short cycling * Took Temperature Reading - Return was about 77 degrees - Supply was about 113 degrees - Temperature Split Of 36 degrees * Inspection of the Furnace - Has a nice filter door - Has a Safe-T-switch installed with a trap in it * Inspection of the filter - Has a smaller 16x25x1 and not a MERV16 16x25x5 - Will talk to client about getting proper filter and helping them with it * Inspection of the Blower Housing - Very Dusty - Blower Wheel is dirt > Need to pull it apar
Performed double maintenance on a 2020 coleman full system. Inducer 0.24 amps, blower 2.4 amps, inducer capacitor in range, 35 degree temp split for heating, 23 degree temp split cooling. Outdoor capacitor in range, pressures in range, ambient temp was 68, indoor temp was 70, fan amps 1.01, compressor 7.8 amps. No hardstart kit on unit, no surge protection on either furnace or ac. Client bought a 2 stage furnace but had a 1 stage thermostat, when I informed client of this, he wanted but a thermostat that would allow his system to be more efficient. Client authorized a Google Nest Thermostat installation. Did not have part on hand, had to go to a supply store to get it. Installed thermostat and collected payment. Washed down condenser and reusable filter that client had. Client has a washable filter that does noy fit in his system, and a disposal one. The reusable is adjustable. Disposal filter is the one the client is using. Sized st 14x24x1 inches.
Installed 2 attic fans on either side of the house. Tested all three speeds of both and showed the homeowner (wife) how to set each fans setteings to turn on at a certain temperature. I also showed her how to pair the fans to a new device without having to go up into the attic. Manuals were left with the homeowner as well. We had to cut one small beam that wasn’t structural to get the second fan to fit. All power was turned back on and test runs completed.