Nothing is worse than coming home on a summer afternoon to find your house is hotter than the outdoors. Unfortunately, this is often the way homeowners find that their air conditioner needs service. At Barker Heating & Cooling we are there for you when you need us most. Whether it’s an AC repair, preventive maintenance, or an affordable air conditioning installation. With over 20 years of local expertise, quality craftsmanship, and a dedicated staff of professionals, we make dealing with your air conditioning issues a breeze.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to see what our happy customers have to say about our work.
The Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance
While many homeowners always aim to cut down on costs and save, AC maintenance and tune-ups are one exceptional way to save money in the long run. How? AC maintenance offers tons of benefits include:
- Improved Energy Savings: Your air conditioner is one of the largest consumers of energy in your home. When it's working at its best, that can translate into significant monthly savings based on utilities.
- Extended Appliance Life: The average lifespan of an air conditioner is anywhere from 12 to 15-years. Without regular AC maintenance that timeframe can be cut down significantly. When you opt for regular care, you can also increase the timespan as well.
- Fewer Repairs: No one wants to pay for monthly AC repairs. Not only is it expensive, but at some point, the cost for repairs can outpace the cost of a replacement! Better maintenance means more savings for you and your family.
At Barker Heating & Cooling we offer quality maintenance solutions. Whether you schedule them annually or quarterly, you can count on our staff to keep your home comfortable and your air conditioner supported.
When Should You Consider an Air Conditioner Replacement
A new air conditioner can be a large expense for any homeowner, but in some instances, air conditioning replacement is your best option. Consider a new installation if:
- The indoor air quality is poor
- Your system is not large enough to cool your home
- Installation was completed over 15-years ago
- Repair needs are more frequent
With a new air conditioner installation, you can enjoy quality cooling for a lot less. Additionally, a new air conditioner can add significant value to your home, which is a great option for homeowners looking to rent or sell in the near future.
Meet our team! Be sure to visit our about us page to learn a little bit more about your new air conditioning contractors.
Cooling Solutions a Call Away
At Barker Heating & Cooling our goal is to be your companion for a healthy home. A healthy home means an energy efficient air conditioner with perfect indoor air quality. Our AC contractors are dedicated to your satisfaction and cooling needs. We are the best cooling installation & repair service in Pleasanton, CA, Livermore, Verona & nearby surrounding areas. With our top-of-the-line installations, quality maintenance, and long-lasting AC repair services, you can have the peace of mind you deserve in your home.
for Pleasanton, CA
* Found that the AC has R410a in it * Found that the Capacitor is flat on Herm side * Placed in a new capacitor and it’s running the refrigerant through the system * AC is about five years old * AC Drain Line has both Secondary and Primary in the same drain * Client allowed me to remove the capacitor from his property so we can have it disposed of properly
Install 80% AFUE Single Stage 3 Ton Blower 80k BTU Down flow/17 Seer 2.5 ton Coleman Air Conditioning w/ Evaporator Coil Coleman Furnace and AC replacement New gas valve and flex connections New SSU and electrical New disconnect and electrical whip New condenser pad New line-set connections Reuse existing thermostat (nest)
Found a popped 10amp fuse on the condenser disconnect, unit calls for 25amp fuses. Replaced fuses. The client also showed me a remote for their other unit that looks to have been damaged and they wanted it replaced, talked with bill and made a replacement estimate for it. Connected new remote and adjusted time, cycled unit.
Unit is operating within all manufactured ranges, amps in range, the capacitor in range, refrigerant pressures in range, temp split 18 degrees. IWave is fully functional, clients air filters were last changed in October of 2021 and still look new, changed anyways. Let the client know that we could install surge protection for this unit.Performed a 20-point complete precision tune-up on the A/C unit Perform safety inspection on the water heater Perform a safety check on smoke detectors & CO detectors Cleaned air filter, condensate drain, and vacuum condenser coil.
Unit was rather clean for age, pressures were in range, capacitor was in range, temperature split was 19 degrees. Unit had a built in hardstart kit. Client okayed installation of surge protection. Noticed that master bedroom had a mini split, client stated it was non operational. Informed client that we can diagnose her mini split